MCS-8 Test Boards For Sale
These MCS-8 test boards are intended to facilitate testing of Intel 8008 processors (and compatibles). The design of the system itself is loosely based on the famous MARK-8 computer from 1973. The board supports testing (and use) of 8008 processors by Intel (8008 and 8008-1) as well as Siemens, Microsystems International, and the East German MME U808D.
Available now for $149 with Free Worldwide shipping.
The MCS-8 test-system contains two boards.
mM8008-1 CPU board:
- 18-pin ZIF socket: For i8008 CPU – provides easy replacement of the CPUs.
- Mini-USB power connector: The test-system requires a single +5V power supply (300mA) provided through a mini-USB connector. The CPU board contains the DC-DC converter needed for providing the -9V power required by the CPU.
There is a power failure indicator and short-circuit protection implemented on the board.
- Power switch
- Indicator LEDs: Power Good, Power Failure and SYNC signal.
mM8008-2 Test Board:
- (RE)START Push button: Start/Restart the test program.
- 3-bit DIP switch (SW6): Selects restart vector from 0 to 7.
- 4 push buttons: Input devices for selecting test pattern or other uses.
- 8 LEDs: Output devices.
- 28 pin socket: Supports a 2KB (2716) or 8KB (2764) EPROM that holds the test program. Selected by JP1
- STOPPED LED: Indicated CPU is in the STOPPED state.
The EPROM can be reprogrammed with your own code if you choose to do so. Multiple programs can be loaded on to a single chip, as the board supports up to 8 restart vectors. The User Manual for the MCS-8 Test System can be downloaded here (pdf).